Now Playing
Power 100.1
Last Song Played
Athens #1 Hit Music Station
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Power 100.1
Last Song Played
Athens #1 Hit Music Station

celebrity news

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >

Judge to Angelina Jolie: Give Brad Pitt more access to kids or risk losing custody

A judge has warned Angelina Jolie that she might lose custody of the children she has with fellow actor Brad Pitt if she doesn’t give her former husband more access to the kids, according to multiple reports.

>> Read more trending news

Jolie and Pitt have six children together -- three adopted and three biological -- between the ages of 9 and 16 years old.

In court documents filed in California last week and first obtained Tuesday by entertainment new site The Blast, a judge wrote that “not having a relationship with their father is harmful to (the kids).”

"If the minor children remain closed down to their father and depending on the circumstances surrounding this condition, it may result in a reduction of the time they spend with (Jolie) and may result in the Court ordering primary physical custody to (Pitt)," the judge said in court records obtained by CNN.

>> Angelina Jolie files for divorce from Brad Pitt

In the order, Jolie was required to give Pitt “unrestricted phone access to the children,” CNN reported. The order also outlined a shared custody schedule for the summer that would have the kids splitting time between Los Angeles and London, according to the news network.

A representative for Jolie called the documents “misleading” and said the release of the information was “deplorable” in a statement to ABC News.

"From the start, Angelina has been focused on their health and needs, which is why it was so important that this last court hearing be conducted privately," the statement said. "It’s deplorable that someone for their own selfish reasons leaked selective portions of the confidential and sealed court record to create an inaccurate and unfair picture of what is really happening."

Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt in 2016, two years after they were married. In divorce papers filed in Los Angeles, Jolie cited “irreconcilable difference” as the reason for their split, The Associated Press reported.

Robert Offer, an attorney for Jolie, told the AP at the time that the “Tomb Raider” star’s decision to divorce Pitt was made “for the health of the family.”

Rose McGowan indicted on cocaine charges in Virginia

Rose McGowan has been indicted on one felony count of cocaine possession by a grand jury in Virginia.

>> Read more trending news 

According to police, cocaine was found in a wallet that McGowan left behind on a plane last year on a United flight arriving at the Washington Dulles International Airport in January 2017 on her way to the Women’s March in Washington, D.C., according to The New Yorker.

A felony warrant was issued for her arrest. 

The 44-year-old activist and actress surrendered to police in Loudoun County, Virginia on Monday. 

She has pleaded not guilty and was released on $5,000 bond. 

McGowan said the cocaine wasn’t hers and suggested in court papers that the drugs were planted on her on behalf of former movie producer Harvey Weinstein, according to The Associated Press

McGowan was among the first to accuse Weinstein of sexual assault and has been a vocal advocate of the #metoo movement.

>>Read: Who is Anthony Bourdain’s girlfriend, Asia Argento?

Weinstein attorney Ben Brafman called the allegation “ludicrous” and said that police have “categorically rejected” the claim, TMZ reports

McGowan’s attorney, Jose Baez, told People Magazine: “Rose steadfastly maintains her innocence. These charges would have never been brought if it weren’t for her activism as a voice for women everywhere.”

“I assure you,” he continued, “this selective prosecution will be met with a strong defense.”

If found guilty, McGowan could face up to a year behind bars. 

Slash offers to give estranged wife $6.6M, cars, spousal support to end marriage

Slash, the legendary guitarist of Guns & Roses, has agreed to pay his estranged wife, Perla Ferrar, over $6.6 million to end their marriage, according to Page Six.

>> Read more trending news 

“Perla has been slow responding, or has deliberately drawn out responding, throughout this matter,” he said in court documents. “I want to move on with my life.”

The rocker, born Saul Hudson, agreed to pay Ferrar a lump sum of $6,627,352, plus $100,000 a month in spousal support until she dies or remarries, according to The Daily Mail

In exchange, Slash would keep his interest in his guitars, instruments, companies and residual income. 

Ferrar would get to keep the couple’s cars: a 2014 Range Rover, 2015 Mercedes AMG and 2015 Mercedes GL 450.

Slash, 52, and Ferrar, 43, have two sons: London, 15, and Cash, 13.

The guitarist offered to give Ferrar primary physical custody, but asked to keep joint legal custody.

He also agreed to pay $39,000 per month in child support. 

The children will also collect 1.8 percent of Slash’s income until the year 2036.

Slash and Ferrar have been married since 2001. Slash filed for divorce in 2014.

Former NBA star Dennis Rodman cries in interview about North Korea summit

Wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat and clunky black sunglasses, NBA Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman got emotional Tuesday in interview on CNN as President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un met in Singapore.

>> Read more trending news

“I’m so happy,” he said as the two leaders met for historic talks Tuesday. "I'm so happy just to be here, man, and see everyone in the world get emotional like I did. Donald Trump should take a lot of credit because he went out of the box and made this happen."

Rodman is one of the few people known to have met both Kim and Trump. He appeared on Trump’s reality competition show “The Celebrity Apprentice” in 2009 and befriended Kim after visiting North Korea in 2013.

"We have really put ourselves on the line to reach out to North Korea and they have been so gracious to me, my family and the United States,” Rodman said Tuesday. “If Trump can pull this off, more power to him.”

>> North Korea summit: Trump, Kim Jong Un sign agreement on denuclearization

Rodman became particularly emotional while discussing the reactions he got to his first visit to North Korea. He told CNN’s Chris Cuomo that he attempted to open a dialogue between Kim and then-President Barack Obama, but that “Obama didn’t even give me the time of day.”

“I got so many death threats,” he said. “But I kept my head high, brother. I knew things were going to change. I was the only one.”

Rodman traveled to Singapore ahead of Tuesday’s summit, though Trump said last week that he had not been invited in an official capacity, according to The Hill.

>> North Korea summit: Watch the dramatic video that Trump played for Kim Jong Un

Trump and Kim committed to working toward the “complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula” after Tuesday’s meetings, which marked the first between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader. 

The president hailed the meeting as a success, although critics worried that his decision to meet with Kim provided the autocrat with legitimacy. Kim has been accused of ordering the assassination of his half brother, executing his uncle and presiding over a gulag estimated to hold 80,000 to 120,000 political prisoners, according to The Associated Press.

>> Photos: Trump, Kim Jong Un meet for historic US-North Korea summit

Critics also questioned the president’s decision to end the United States’ “war games,” or joint military exercises, with South Korea as negotiations with North Korea continue. It was not immediately clear whether South Korean officials were aware of Trump’s decision before Tuesday’s announcement.

Herpes claims against Usher heading to trial in Los Angeles, judge rules

A California judge has ruled that all herpes claims against R&B singer Usher (real name Usher Raymond IV) will be tried in Los Angeles Superior Court, where it is illegal to knowingly or recklessly transmit a sexually transmitted disease.

>> Read more trending news 

The artist is accused of not disclosing his herpes diagnosis to three sexual partners.

One of the women, identified as Jane Doe, listed multiple counts of negligence, fraud and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress in the lawsuit. She also accused Usher of forcing her to have unprotected oral sex without her consent and is seeking unspecified punitive damages. 

Jane Doe’s residence was blacked out in the court papers of both parties, according to NBC San Diego.

>> Related: Georgia woman files suit against Usher for giving her herpes

On Friday, Judge Michelle Williams Court denied a defense motion to force one of the plaintiffs to bring Jane Doe’s case to another state. 

Usher’s lawyers argued that the woman was accusing Usher of events that occurred outside of California. But Jane Doe’s lawyer, Jivaka Candappa, said it’s impractical to have two plaintiffs tried in California and a third in another state.

>> Related: Woman in Usher lawsuit over alleged herpes diagnosis comes forward: ‘He never warned me’

Candappa said all the witnesses were willing to come to California.

Two others, a man identified only as John Doe and a woman named Quantasia Sharpton sued 39-year-old Usher in August 2017 for failing to disclose that he has genital herpes before having sex with them.

>> Related: Usher allegedly paid woman $1 million after giving her herpes: reports

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of every six people aged 14 to 49 has genital herpes.

Man shot at Georgia mansion of former NFL player

A 23-year-old man was shot in the stomach late Sunday at the suburban Atlanta home of a former NFL player.

>> Read more trending news 

The man was found with a gunshot wound around 11:15 p.m. Sunday when officers responded to a call. The home belongs to Eddie Drummond, according to Fulton County tax records.

Drummond was a wide receiver who played several seasons for the Detroit Lions, ending his career after the 2007 season with the Kansas City Chiefs.

He is known for hosting lavish celebrity pool parties at an undisclosed location described in previous event listings as the NFL Mansion.

Drummond recently promoted his April 28 birthday party at the mansion, for which tickets were as high as $260.

The man who was shot was taken to an area hospital for treatment. His condition was unknown Monday morning. 

“No further information in reference to this incident will be released at this time,” South Fulton police Detective Partrena Smith said. 

Former 'Project Runway' contestant faces federal charges

A contestant from the first season of “Project Runway” was charged Friday with mortgage fraud by federal prosecutors in Charlotte.

>> Read more trending news 

Prosecutors said Starr Ilzhoefer allegedly stole $1 million. Prosecutors also charged Aaron Guido in this case.

In 2004, Ilzhoefer was a contestant on “Project Runway,” a reality television show that featured 12 or more fashion designers competing against one another.

Ilzhoefer went on to practice law as a corporate lawyer for respected firms. After that she went into real estate. 

Prosecutors said Ilzhoefer helped trick the Federal Housing Administration and private financial institutions out of $1 million. They said she and other defendants charged targeted distressed homeowners, promised them foreclosure rescue and financial recovery, and convinced them to sell for less than they still owed lenders, which is known as a short sale. 

Prosecutors said Ilzhoefer and the others lied on paperwork to lenders and already had other buyers waiting in the wings so they could flip the properties quickly, sometimes even on the same day. 

They said the defendants also created shell companies to pave the way.

In a statement, Ilzhoefer's lawyer said "The government claims that way back in the great recession this young woman somehow tricked banks into selling their distressed real estate for less than what the banks now believe it was worth. We look forward to refuting these claims in court."

Michael Jordan's daughter engaged to former Syracuse star Rakeem Christmas

NBA fans will be experiencing their own royal wedding soon.

>> Read more trending news

Jasmine Jordan, the daughter of NBA legend Michael Jordan, is engaged to former Syracuse University basketball player Rakeem Christmas, Syracuse.com reported.Jasmine Jordan tweeted about the couple’s engagement Sunday on Twitter.

Both Jordan and Christmas attended Syracuse. Jasmine Jordan graduated with a degree in sports management. Christmas started for Syracuse in 2013 when the Orange advanced to the Final Four in 2013. Christmas was drafted in the second round of the NBA draft by the Indiana Pacers in 2015.

He also played for the NBA’s developmental league and professionally for teams in Turkey and New Zealand, Syracuse.com reported. He played the past season for the New Zealand Breakers.

Tony Awards 2018: Robert De Niro blasts Trump in bleeped comments

Actor Robert De Niro let viewers of the 2018 Tony Awards know exactly how he feels about President Donald Trump, lobbing profanity at the commander in chief after taking the stage during Sunday night's broadcast.

>> PHOTOS: 2018 Tony Awards red carpet

"I'm just going to say one thing: [Expletive] Trump!" said De Niro, who was introducing Bruce Springsteen's performance of "My Hometown."

"It's no longer, 'Down with Trump.' It's, '[Expletive] Trump!'" De Niro added.

>> See the moment here (WARNING: Censored profanity)

CBS censored the language in its broadcast of the awards ceremony, but the audience at New York's Radio City Music Hall heard every word, The Associated Press reported. Many responded with a standing ovation.

>> PHOTOS: 2018 Tony Awards show

According to Deadline, a spokeswoman for CBS addressed the controversy in a statement, calling De Niro's insult "unscripted and unexpected." 

>> 2018 Tony Awards: ‘The Band’s Visit,’ complete winner list

"The offensive language was deleted from the broadcast," the spokeswoman said.

>> Read more trending news 

Read more here or here.

Eminem criticized for using gunshot sounds during Bonnaroo performance

Rapper Eminem has come under fire after he used realistic gunshot sound effects during his performance at the Bonnaroo music festival Saturday night in Manchester, Tennessee, Billboard reported.

>> Read more trending news

Fans, remembering the deadly mass shooting outside a Las Vegas casino last October, screamed and ducked for cover when the gunshot-like sounds were heard during Eminem’s performance of “Kill You,” from his 2000 album “The Marshall Mathers LP.”

Social media star Andrea Russett attended the annual festival in middle Tennessee and tweeted that using those kind of effects at the end of the song was “extremely irresponsible and distasteful.”

“I have grown up loving eminem and his music but i was extremely triggered to the point of tears,” Russett tweeted. “To hear a gunshot sound effect and see the entire crowd drop to the floor out of instinct is not funny, cute, or amusing. this is the sad reality that we are living. this is not funny or even something to be joked about.”

Several fans defended Eminem’s actions, noting that the performer has used the gunshot sound effects for a long time.

"Eminem has ended ‘Kill You’ with the gun shot effects for (at least) 6 years now and this is the first time someone ever complains," one Twitter user wrote.

Eminem has not commented, Billboard reported.

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >